Chapter 14

"I don't want you. Don't you get that? I'm tired of this shitty relationship." Stephen didn't want to hurt her the more but she wasn't making it easy. I just stood there silent because I had no right to interrupt their intense conversation.

"You don't know what you are saying, Stephen. You are mine forever! You're mine! Does she know?!" She screams, unable to control her pain and anger.

"Know what?" I asked curiously.

"It's nothing," Stephen said.

Patrica laughs, not surprised Stephen was fooling around with me.

"So, she doesn't know. This scumbag doesn't know. Does she?!"

"What is this about?" I asked, trying not to lean on Stephen.

"You'll fall." He said silently.

"We have engaged, Sharon! WE ARE ENGAGED!" Patricia said loudly.

Those words struck me deeply. I can't believe this. It hurts. It really hurts. The guy I love is engaged with another girl but I shouldn't be hurting. It's not like we are already together. I pulled myself together. I looked at Stephen in the eyes with disappointment.

"So? What does it have to do with me? I told you, Patricia. We are not together. So you don't have to tell me your family issues." It hurt me as I said those words. Tears almost dropped from my eyes but I held it in.

"You're right Sharon but you need to get it into your head before you get deceived. In fact, you've been deceived! You fool!" Patricia said.

"Enough! It's enough Patricia! I've heard enough." Stephen said angrily.

"It's not enough Stephen. Why are you holding her? Let's go. Leave her alone." She pulled Stephen away from me.

I managed to pick up my crutches.

"You can go to hell with your fucking engagement. I don't care." I made that clear to her. I shouldn't even be bothered. I had nothing with Stephen.  I'm just a random girl who got cut up with shitty issues.