Chapter 31:Secrets and liars

I was awakened by Stephen's voice in the middle of the night. He was not fully conscious but he was so afraid as he was talking to himself in his sleep. Something was bothering him and it made me so worried.

"No,no,no,no! please Jemma, please, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it! I swear! Please forgive me. I'm sorry."  He sounded scared.

"Shh....it's okay. I'm here Stephen. It's okay," I said, putting my arms around him to comfort him. I just don't understand why he was calling a girl's name in his sleep.

"Do you want to talk about it." I whispered, running my hands through his hair.

"No." He said silently, burying his face on my chest.

"Okay." I couldn't sleep, knowing that Stephen was hiding something from me. What does Jemma mean to him? Who is she?

I was still closing my eyes, touching the side of the bed where Stephen's body laid but he wasn't there. I stood up and looked around. Where is he? I notice a note he left on the bed saying; 'I went to a nearby store to get some food.' I sighed feeling a little relieved. I stood up for a shower. After dressing up, I went to the kitchen and i saw a note on the refrigerator 'enjoy your meal'. I smiled happily as I opened the fridge.

"Let's see what my pie cooked," I opened it and saw... chicken salad sandwich.

"Oh my... i didn't know that he cooks." I cooed as sat down. I couldn't wait to shove this down my belly.

"Hmm...so hungry." My phone kept on ringing, distracting from this sweet dish.

"Who the hell is it now?" I looked at the screen and saw that it was carly calling. She really wouldn't give up calling, would she? I sighed and picked the call.

"What now!"  I screamed on top of my voice.

"Sharon, are you crazy!" She flared up, her voice countering mine.

"Well, you the one that's been calling me on my phone!" I shrugged.

"You're the one that ran away! Mom hasn't eaten for days. We are all worried." She lowered her tone the moment she mentioned mom.

"Did dad also go on hunger strike?" I ask, even when it sounded stupid.

"Sharon! Is that what you are meant to say?"

"Hell yeah, he is the reason why i leftt." I remind her.