Chapter 8

"Sharon!" His voice echoes.
I was so weak that I couldn't even move a muscle. All I could hear was Stephen's voice before I became unconscious.

"Sharon! Sharon! Don't do this to me please..." He carries me up and takes me downstairs in a rush. There were a lot of crowds. Helen and Bella were devastated. I was rushed to the hospital.

"I hope she would be alright," Stephen said, impatiently as the nurses were attending to me.

"Huh? What did you just say? Bella asked in anger." You did this to her! You're wicked!" She said, dragging his shirt in rage. He held her hands to stop her.

"You need to calm down."
Sharon's mom was heading towards us. Bella rushed to meet her.

"Bella, what happened to her? Tell me!"

"She tumbled on the stairs." She sobs.

"Oh my gosh! How is she? I want to see her now. I need to know how my baby is doing?" She rushes to the door where I was getting treatment.

"Ma, you can't enter now." The nurse tells her.

"But she's my daughter! I need to see her! She needs me! I need to see how she's doing. Please, I'm begging you." Sharon's mom pleads.

"Just be patient. You will see her soon." The nurse reassures.

"I'll try." She takes a sit, trying to calm her nerves.

The doctor comes out a few minutes later.

"Doctor, how is she?" Sharon's mum asked as they all gathered along with the school principal.

"Who are you to her?" He asked.

"She's my daughter."

"Well, she had bruises on her head. They are just minor but she has to be careful next time. She was really lucky. I will send a nurse to bring her crutches.

"Can we see her now?"  Mrs. Kate asked him.

"Yes, why not? She would be awake any minute from now."

"Okay." Sharon's mum said as they all entered.

We sat down beside where Sharon was laying down.

"I'm sorry about what happened to her." Mrs. Kate said to Sharon's mum.

"No need to be sorry. The doctor at least said she's alright now and it's not even your fault. Look at my poor baby." She sobs.

"I'll be heading back to school now. Hope you don't mind. I was in a meeting."

"It's alright." Sharon's mum's phone rings. Sharon's sister, Carly had been worried from the moment she was called regarding the incident.

"Hello...Carly," she answers with a sober tone.

"How is she?" Carly asks anxiously.

"The doctor said she's okay but she hasn't woken up."

"I'm on my way. I want to see how she's doing."

"Don't worry."

"I'm coming now."

"Okay."