Chapter 16

"You know you can't tell me that." He walked right in.

I just stared at him and folded my arms. What does he want now?

"So....is anyone home?" He said as he looked around.

"No, I'm alone. Stephen, please tell me what you are doing here." I quickly hid the bottle of alcohol but he caught me.

"Hmmm," He nods. "I should be with you bad girl."

"And that can't work. Don't keep your hopes up." I tell him.

"So.... this is still about Patricia?" He digs his hands roughly into his hair. I just couldn't stand the fact that Patricia was making it quite difficult.

I was completely lost as I couldn't take my eyes off his beautiful face.

"Sharon? Hey!" He snapped his fingers.

"Oh! Sorry. My mind was elsewhere. Yeah, that's what I meant." I try to focus back on what he was saying.

"What were you thinking of?" He moved closer to me. I began to move backward until I leaned back on the wall.

"Something." My heart flutters. Why on earth is he tempting me?

"You were thinking about me." He smirks, wishing to know how bad he had affected me.

"Of course not!" I said out loud. Who does he think he is to be playing with my mind?

"You're sure?" He moved more closer, putting a test to my feelings.

"Yeah! What do you think you're doing? I mean what did you come to do here?" I try changing the subject but he was set for one goal.

"As I said, I came for you." He cups my cheeks.

"Stephen I can't be with you." He needed to know things like this can never work.

"I can't force you, Sharon. We both know that we are meant for each other." He kissed my forehead down to my soft lips. My body reacted to his touch against mine. All I knew was I had been craving for this for so long but my betrayal to Patricia keepings haunting me.

"Stephen I can't. I'm not ready." I deny myself from having this moment with him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't......I don't know what came over me." He moved away.

"Stephen," I called him in a sweet and low tone.

"I just want to know that I'm never trying to use you. You're different from every girl I have met."
He tells me.