Chapter 12

I laid on my bed after dinner, looking up to the ceiling but I was lost. All I could think of was him. Could Stephen really have feelings for me? How can I be sure? He dates many girls. He was even cheating on Patricia. I really like him but it's not right. I shouldn't even be thinking about this.

Stephen's POV

I tried as much as I could to let sleep take control of my body but I just couldn't. Sharon was just on my mind. I have never been this attached to a girl. I just needed to hear her voice. Know how she was doing. It was because of me she fell on the stairs. I was so worried if she would ever accept me with the mess I have been creating in her life. I stood up from my bed, deciding to watch Netflix. I thought it will make me feel sleepy since I was tired initially but it didn't work. My mind wouldn't just leave this one girl. I stared at my phone as the idea of calling her came to me. But I thought texting would be better. So I did.

"Are you asleep?" I text her, waiting eagerly for her reply.

Sharon's POV

I was still awake when my phone beeped. I was looked through it only to be taken by surprise from the same person I was thinking of. I wondered why he would text me so late at night but I was bad at reading minds.

"No," I replied back, waiting to see the main reason why he decided to text me.

"Sharon...I haven't been able to sleep because I am thinking about you. Please, forgive me. I'm sorry." His tone was remorseful.

"Baby, I'm not angry with you, " I mistakenly send. I don't know what made me typed that.

"Oh no!" I try to stop the message from sending but it was rather too late. As I was about to send another message to let him know that text was a mistake, he'd sent a message in seconds.

"Baby? Sharon, I love this version of you." He was extremely happy. I could tell from his tone how excited he was. This is was going to take a lot to convince.

"It was a mistake. I swear." I text him.

"No need to deny it, babe. You are in love with me." He added a smiling emoji with it. I type again trying to let him know that it wasn't what he thinks but I don't know what came over me tonight. I wasn't watchful of what I was typing.

"I'm in love with you." I send forgetting to put the word "not".

Just seeing the stupid, accidental text I sent him again, his heart skyrocketed. "She said it. She finally said it. Oh, Sharon, I'm not just in love. I'm crazily in love with you." He spoke to himself.

"I didn't mean that." I quickly replied, seeing it took a while for him to reply. I guess he was taking the time to celebrate this big moment.

"Babe, stop pretending after your confession." He finally replied buy I realized this conversation with him was pointless.

"What's the use of explaining the truth to you? Don't text or call me ever again!" I switched off my phone after sending the message.

Stephen wasn't just going to let her accidental confession slide away. It was a big deal for him.

"Gosh! What came over me?" I stuff my face into my pillow. "I told him the whole truth. Why did you do that Sharon? Why?"